- Full Time
- Solution Engineering
Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they're needed, when they're needed.
We're one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions.
Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what's most important to them.
We're growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Whether you are currently working as a Solution Consultant or in post-sales at a technology company, joining us now is a chance to contribute to our expansion as we offer in-demand logistics management technology to global clients. As our new Solution Consultant, you are empathetic, consultative, and curious, passionate about bringing clients the technology solutions they need to make their days easier and their work more efficient. You will develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs, position our solutions effectively with a high ROI, and collaborate with the Descartes sales team to meet demand and drive revenue growth.
Please note this is a remote opportunity with travel required within Canada and the US.
What's in it for you
Impact. We doubled sales last year and plan to do it again - this is your chance to join us on an accelerated growth trajectory as we disrupt the marketplace. You will be a crucial player in our continued success, working with new businesses rife with opportunity. You will be part of an organization where anyone can make suggestions to the solution roadmap, ensuring we can meet the needs of customers.
Exposure. This is a chance to grow into a subject matter expert and trusted advisor, work with top strategic global clients, act as a solution leader, and develop executive contacts within the international trade and supply chain. You will stay up to date with innovations, applications, technical changes, market conditions, emerging trends, and initiatives involving competitive activities to effectively position our solutions as the choice for clients to address significant business issues and grow their revenue stream.
Professional advancement. At Descartes, we value the contributions every employee makes towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each member of our team is given the tools and support needed to make valuable contributions. We are committed to providing a stimulating and rewarding work environment, including competitive salaries and benefits. As part of the Descartes team, you will have the opportunity to work with globally recognized market leaders who take pride in delivering quality services and market-leading innovations.
- Discover opportunities. You will interact with senior executives and operational management to discover opportunities where Descartes solutions can drive bottom-line results. You will assess needs, qualify prospects from both a business and a technical perspective and define a solution strategy that delivers business value.
- Collaborate. You will work with the customer's Information Technology (IT) and Business teams to understand business needs accurately and determine feasible solutions. You will partner with the sales and product teams to create compelling, winning presentations, proposals, demonstrations, and communications. You will share knowledge gained from prospects with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Professional service teams to drive innovation and respond to market demand.
- Learn. You will grow your hands-on understanding of our products and how to position them best using a consultative approach. You will build out your knowledge of the market, our competitors, and threats to potential sales.
What you bring
- The experience. You have 5+ years of experience and a proven track record of winning in pre or post-sales, product marketing or solution sales. Ideally, you have worked in the logistics, fleet management, routing, mobile, telematics (RMT) or transportation management solutions space. You take a consultative approach to understanding the needs of your customers and have the vision to develop and position solutions that solve business challenges and optimize revenue growth.
- The drive. You have strong business and technical acumen and a drive to win. You are insightful, diligent, and able to identify and circumvent roadblocks. You can see the big picture and influence decision-makers with creative and analytical data modeling.
- The interpersonal skills. You have effective and flexible communication skills; and you can successfully engage clients, build relationships, present solutions both remotely and onsite, and secure new and repeat business.
- The flexibility. You have a valid passport and are willing and able to travel within Canada and the US 30-35% of the time.
Making an Impact
We succeed when our customers succeed so, for us, results are everything. Descartes' logistics and supply chain solutions help automate, streamline and secure the flow of goods and information in ways that result in a significant positive impact on the environment. In 2020, we helped our customers save over 552 thousand metric tons of CO2, 1.86 billion sheets of paper, and 727 million liters of fuel.
Descartes has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Join a team that's committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
Network | Applications | Intelligence| Innovation
Our cloud-based solutions improve logistics and supply chain productivity, performance, and security. Descartes' Logistics Technology Platform innovatively combines the world's most expansive logistics network with the industry's broadest array of logistics management applications and most comprehensive offering of global trade related intelligence.
Network: The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ manages the real-time flow of commercial, logistics, customs and product information. It spans more than 160 countries and connects hundreds of thousands of organizations in logistics and transportation, manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, ecommerce and business services.
Applications: Customers use our modular, cloud-based applications to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes
Intelligence: Our global trade intelligence solutions and services enable organizations to work smarter by making better, data -driven business and supply chain decisions.
Innovation: We're focused on transforming new ideas and feedback from our customers and in-house domain experts into real-world innovations. New developments in the areas of IoT, machine learning, AI and analytics are enhancing the ability of our solutions to solve problems and process more information in new and complex ways.
Today's supply chains are more connected, complex and moving faster than ever. To meet this challenge, Descartes is leading digital transformation for companies of all sizes. We invite you to join our epic journey.
As we scale, we're looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology.
We're entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at Descartes.com.
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.