Account Executive, Global Trade Compliance
Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions.
Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales - Trade Compliance, we are looking for an Account Executive to join our Global Trade Compliance team. You will build and scale your book of business prospecting within current accounts and into new areas, supported by a cross-functional team including account-based marketing, lead generation, customer support, and customer success. You will earn the trust of your clients, provide strategic guidance, and nurture stakeholder relationships furthering their commitment to us.
What’s in it for you?
Impact. We doubled sales last year and plan to do it again - this is your chance to join us on an accelerated growth trajectory as we disrupt the marketplace. You will be a key player in our continued success, working with existing blue-chip customers and new businesses rife with opportunity. You will be part of an organization where anyone can make suggestions to the solution roadmap, ensuring we can meet the needs of customers now and five years from now.
Exposure. This is a chance to work with top strategic global clients, act as a leader, initiate and share new ideas, identify customized solutions managing, and develop executive contact within trade compliance and supply chain. You will stay up to date with innovations, applications, technical changes, market conditions, emerging trends, and initiatives involving competitive activities to effectively position our solutions as the choice for clients to address significant business issues and grow their revenue stream.
Professional advancement. At Descartes, we value the contributions that each of our employees makes towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each team member has the tools and support they need to make valuable contributions. You will have the chance to collaborate with and learn from globally recognized industry leaders who pride themselves in delivering quality services and market-leading innovations. This includes your direct manager, who started as an account rep and is now the VP of Sales, Trade Compliance Solutions. As we grow, you will have the opportunity to move up to an Account Manager and beyond or explore another pillar of our organization.
What you bring:
- A proven history of success. You have enterprise SaaS solutions sales or trade compliance consulting/sales experience. You are empathetic, consultative, and curious with a passion for bringing clients the technology solutions they need to make their days easier and their work more efficient. You can successfully engage clients, build relationships, present solutions, and secure new and repeat business. Domain knowledge and experience of Global Trade Compliance is a plus.
- Exceptional leadership. You thrive in and can foster a high-performance, team-oriented culture. You believe in winning as a team, and you pursue your goals and professional growth with dedication, integrity, and high ethical standards.
- Business planning. You are metrics-driven and insightful; diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
Making an Impact
We succeed when our customers succeed so, for us, results are everything. Descartes’ logistics and supply chain solutions help automate, streamline and secure the flow of goods and information in ways that result in a significant positive impact on the environment. In 2020, we helped our customers save over 552 thousand metric tons of CO2, 1.86 billion sheets of paper, and 727 million litres of fuel.
Descartes has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
Network | Applications | Intelligence| Innovation
Our cloud-based solutions improve logistics and supply chain productivity, performance, and security. Descartes’ Logistics Technology Platform innovatively combines the world’s most expansive logistics network with the industry’s broadest array of logistics management applications and most comprehensive offering of global trade-related intelligence.
- Network: The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ manages the real-time flow of commercial, logistics, customs and product information. It spans more than 160 countries and connects hundreds of thousands of organizations in logistics and transportation, manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, eCommerce and business services.
- Applications: Customers use our modular, cloud-based applications to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes
- Intelligence: Our global trade intelligence solutions and services enable organizations to work smarter by making better, data-driven business and supply chain decisions.
- Innovation: We’re focused on transforming new ideas and feedback from our customers and in-house domain experts into real-world innovations. New developments in the areas of IoT, machine learning, AI and analytics are enhancing the ability of our solutions to solve problems and process more information in new and complex ways.
Today’s supply chains are more connected, complex and moving faster than ever. To meet this challenge, Descartes is leading digital transformation for companies of all sizes. We invite you to join our epic journey.
As we scale, we’re looking for new do-ers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology.
We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM-focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law , Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at email@example.com. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that this role requires satisfactory completion of Reference and Background Checks as well as Educational Verification.