Digital Marketing Manager
- Full Time
- Routing, Mobile & Telematics
Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions.
Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them.
We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
We need a passionate digital marketer and content developer ready to take the next step in their career to join our Routing, Mobile & Telematics team as a Digital Marketing Manager. You will play a critical role in the collaborative planning and development of comprehensive digital content and inbound marketing programs focused on generating awareness, traffic, and high-quality leads aligned with our organizational, solution, and revenue generation objectives. You will manage the development, deployment and optimization of web-based content and content for social media, sales toolkits, campaigns, events and other initiatives, ensuring alignment with SEO and SEM/digital advertising-related objectives and key results.
What's in it for you?
Exposure, and impact. You want to collaborate to define current challenges and opportunities within the market and develop plans- and content- to address market needs and drive revenue. This is an opportunity to combine strategy and creativity with numbers and ideas to make a measurable impact on our Routing, Mobile and Telematics business.
Immediate and ongoing professional advancement. At Descartes, we value the contributions that each employee makes towards achieving our corporate goals. We strive to ensure that each team member has the tools and support they need to make valuable contributions. You will have the chance to work with industry and marketing thought leaders. As the business expands, you will have the opportunity to grow into a more senior leadership position within marketing, explore other globally focused roles within our organization or advance in other relevant areas of the business.
What you will focus on:
- Manage content development. You will plan, create, optimize, and deploy web-based content and assets in alignment with SEO and PPC/digital advertising related objectives and key results. You will manage the execution of content for social media, sales toolkits, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
- Leverage technology and analytics. You will set, measure, meet, and adjust KPIs based on web traffic and campaign performance to ensure lead generation, conversion, attraction, and engagement. You will deploy automated web, blog, and social media campaigns. You will track analytics, including click-rate, open-rate, cost-per-lead, determining the cost-effectiveness and ROI of a campaign, and reporting up to leadership.
- You will work closely with the solution go-to-market teams to conduct research, drive digital content processes and schedule execution of digital marketing efforts.
- Partner. You will collaborate with key stakeholders within your business pillar to develop solution positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market. You will design plans that address challenges utilizing insight and feedback from key solution area stakeholders, influence overall go-to-market planning and increase revenue dollars.
- Analyze performance. You will report on and manage performance of organic programs across channels, content engagement across digital marketing channels, and digital advertising programs to gauge success and define best practices.
What you bring:
- The education and hands-on experience. You have a diploma or degree in a related field and 6+ years of progressive experience in marketing. You have outstanding content development and deployment skills, and the ability to adopt our brand's voice across all messaging and content. Ideally, you have exposure to supply chain management, logistics operations, and/or B2B Saas technology solutions.
- The knowledge. You have experience in end-to-end marketing from account-based marketing strategy, sales enablement, competitive analysis, and content development to digital marketing, including social media, SEO and demand generation and inbound lead generation. You understand how to identify target audiences and devise campaigns that engage, inform and motivate action.
- The analytical mindset and the creative spirit. You can set and measure KPIs, derive insights and plan future actions based on the data. You have excellent judgment and can make thoughtful decisions as an innovative problem solver. You have ideas, and you know how to bring them to life in a measurable, impactful way.
- The technical toolbox. You are highly proficient with marketing tools and solutions (6Sense, Brightedge), Google Analytics, and Capterra. You are tech-savvy and can get up to speed on the systems we use, the products we build, and the business problems they solve, diving in deep to truly understand how to engage prospects and existing clients.
- The collaboration skills. You are a relationship builder who is self-aware and loves reaching across teams and levels to gain insights, information, and expertise for the content you are working on. You can strategically and collaboratively apply your industry insights to contribute to the growth and success of the team and the marketing function of your business line.
- The drive. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter how big or small. You can work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, juggling several projects with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook.
- The flexibility. We foster a remote work environment. You are willing to travel domestically and internationally on occasion when it is safe to do so again.
Making an Impact
We succeed when our customers succeed so, for us, results are everything. Descartes’ logistics and supply chain solutions help automate, streamline and secure the flow of goods and information in ways that result in a significant positive impact on the environment. In 2020, we helped our customers save over 552 thousand metric tons of CO2, 1.86 billion sheets of paper, and 727 million liters of fuel.
Descartes has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
Network | Applications | Intelligence| Innovation
Our cloud-based solutions improve logistics and supply chain productivity, performance, and security. Descartes’ Logistics Technology Platform innovatively combines the world’s most expansive logistics network with the industry’s broadest array of logistics management applications and most comprehensive offering of global trade related intelligence.
Network: The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ manages the real-time flow of commercial, logistics, customs and product information. It spans more than 160 countries and connects hundreds of thousands of organizations in logistics and transportation, manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, ecommerce and business services.
Applications: Customers use our modular, cloud-based applications to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes
Intelligence: Our global trade intelligence solutions and services enable organizations to work smarter by making better, data -driven business and supply chain decisions.
Innovation: We’re focused on transforming new ideas and feedback from our customers and in-house domain experts into real-world innovations. New developments in the areas of IoT, machine learning, AI and analytics are enhancing the ability of our solutions to solve problems and process more information in new and complex ways.
Today’s supply chains are more connected, complex and moving faster than ever. To meet this challenge, Descartes is leading digital transformation for companies of all sizes. We invite you to join our epic journey.
As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology.
We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it.
We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law , Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement . Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.